When is the Learning Commons open?
- School day: 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- After school: make arrangements with Ms. Foelsch
- Virtual (online access 24/7): use student ID & password to log in
How long can I check out a book?
How many books can I check out?
- Regular check out is 2 weeks.
- Can't finish in 2 weeks? Stop by and renew your book. No problem!
- NOTE: eBook titles are AUTOMATICALLY returned after 2 weeks and are not renewable.
Are there fines?
- Generally, the limit is two books at a time.
- Love to read and need more? Just ask.
When can I visit the Learning Commons?
- There is a small charge of five cents per day for overdue books.
- There may be a charge to repair damaged books.
- Students are expected to pay for lost books.
Can I use my ipod, e-reader or phone in the Learning Commons?
- Before & after school.
- During class (with a pass from your teacher).
- 24/7 (virtually with student log in)
How do I know what books I have checked out and when they are due?
- Yes. Technology is welcome in the Learning Commons.
- If you are visiting with your class, ask your classroom teacher.
- Click on "Find a Book" link (on the left)
- Log in to catalog (upper right hand corner)
- User name: student ID #
- Password: student last name (lower case)
- Click on "My Info" tab.
How are books/magazines selected for the Learning Commons?
Young adults are a diverse group whose interests, maturity level, needs and abilities varies greatly. FHSD schools collections are created to meet the needs of a wide variety of readers at various maturity levels. Therefore, all Hollenbeck books designated as appropriate for Young Adult readers due to more mature content will have a yellow YA sticker next to the barcode. The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) of the American Library Assoc.(ALA) defines a 'young adult' as someone between the ages of twelve and eighteen.
If you have any questions, please contact Donna Foelsch, LMS at firstname.lastname@example.org .