Reader Selectors for Missouri State Award Nominees
Sign up to be a READER SELECTOR and help choose the 2018-19 Truman, Mark Twain and Gateway Award nominees!
Reader selectors read the preliminary nominee list of 20-25 books between August and December and rate the books to determine which ones will be on the final list of nominees for the following school year. Interest forms can be found at the links below.
Have you read a great book that you think should be a Truman, Mark Twain or Gateway award nominee?
Click here to make your suggestion and see if your book is chosen.
Guidelines for choosing books:
1. Books should interest early teens in grades six through eight.
2. Books should be written by an author living in the United States.
3. Books should be of literary value which may enrich early teens' personal lives.
4. Books should be published two year prior to nomination on a
Master List of 12 nominees (Currently 2016)
5. Some consideration should be given to genre diversity, gender representation, range of reading levels, racial diversity, and diversity of social, political, economic, and religious viewpoints.
Click here for more information about recommending a book.
Missouri State Award Voting:
Mark Twain Voting